This is a lovely salad, with a great combination of the right nutrients, such as oily fish, lettuce for hydration and plenty of protein.
Serves: 2 X 500ml food pots
Preparation Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 10 minutes
- 200g new potatoes, thickly sliced
- 2 medium sized free-range eggs
- 100g green beans, trimmed
- 1 large little gem or romaine lettuce heart, leaves separated and shredded
- 8 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 6 anchovies in olive oil, drained
- 200g tuna steak in spring water, drained
- 2tbsp low-fat mayonnaise
- Cook potatoes and green beans until tender, and eggs until hard boiled. Drain and leave to cool.
- Peel the eggs and cut into quarters. You can begin to layer your salad in your food pot or mix it together in a bowl.
- Repeat the process until you have filled your pot but leave the anchovies to the end.
- Drizzle the mayonnaise over the salad and it’s ready to eat!
Calories 351, Fat 17g, Saturates 4g, Carbohydrates 22g, Sugar 6g, Fibre 4g, Protein 27g, Salt 2.1g