This delicious lightly spiced chicken dish has the flavours of Mexico, without too much heat. Not only that, it is an extremely healthy dish, rich in protein but low in calories, carbs and fats. Perfect for lunch or as a supper dish.
Serves: 1 X 500ml food pots
Preparation Time: 5 minutes
Cooking Time: 25-30 minutes
- 1tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium red onion finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2tbsp chilli paste or chipotle paste
- 400g canned chopped tomatoes
- 2 skinless and boneless chicken breasts (approx. 140g)
- Small handful of fresh coriander leaves, chopped
- Salt and ground black pepper to taste
- Heat the oil in a medium saucepan.
- Add the onion and cook for 5 minutes or until softened and starting to turn golden, adding the garlic for the final minute.
- Stir in the chipotle paste and tomatoes.
- Put the chicken into the pan, spoon over the sauce, and simmer gently for 20 mins until the chicken has cooked (add a splash of water if the sauce gets too dry).
- Remove the chicken from the pan and shred or cut into pieces, then stir back into the sauce.
- Add the coriander, and serve with remaining red onion, tortillas or rice. You can mix in some cooked rice before putting in the pot.
Calories 203, Fat 5g, Saturates 1g, Carbohydrates 11g, Sugar 4g, Fibre 3.8g, Protein 35g, Salt 0.37g