A wholesome breakfast on the run! If you don’t have time to feed the family and yourselves, take you porridge on the go! Heart healthy oats are the base of this recipe with plenty of natural sugar berries.
Serves: 2 X 500ml food pots
Preparation Time: 5 minutes
Cooking Time: 5 minutes
- 8tbsp porridge oats
- ½ 200ml tub 0% fat Greek style yoghurt
- 350g blueberries
- 100g raspberries (optional)
- 2tsp honey (optional)
- Put the oats in a non-stick pan with 500ml water and cook over the heat, stirring occasionally for about 2 minutes until thickened. Add more water if too thick.
- Remove from the heat and add a third of the yoghurt.
- Meanwhile, tip the berries into a pan with 4tbsp water and the honey if using and gently poach until the fruit has ‘burst’ and are tender. When added they should ‘merge’ in with the porridge which will then become pinky blue in colour!
- Spoon the porridge mix into the pots and top with the remaining yoghurt and perhaps a few more berries if desired.
Calories 168, Fat 2.5g, Saturates 1g, Carbohydrates 24g, Sugar 11g, Fibre 6g, Protein 9g, Salt 0g