This is a tasty recipe if you are a vegetarian. It is low in fat, but do watch your carb intake, as this recipe does include starchy vegetables.
Serves: 2 X 700ml food pots
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 40 minutes
- 4 carrots, cut into chunks medium chunks
- 4 small parsnips, cut into medium chunks
- 2 red onions, cut into small wedges
- 3 peppers, any colours, deseeded and cut into smallish chunks
- 2tbsp olive oil
- 1tsp ground cumin, paprika, cinnamon and mild chilli powder
- 400g tinned chopped tomatoes
- 10 soft dried apricots
- 2tsp honey
- Heat oven to 200°C/Gas mark 6.
- Place all the veg in a large bowl, pour over half the olive oil and toss around until coated. Scatter over a roasting tray, so they lie flat. Season lightly all over.
- Roast for 40 minutes until tender and beginning to char. You can turn them half way through cooking time
- While the veg is roasting, fry the spices in the remaining oil for 1 minute until they sizzle – they will smell delicious!
- Tip in the tomatoes, apricots, honey and use the tomato can to fill with water and pour in.
- Simmer for 5 minutes until the sauce is slightly reduced and the apricots have plumped up. Mix in the veg and any extra seasoning required.
- Fill up your pots and enjoy!
Calories 272, Fat 8g, Saturates 1g, Carbohydrates 45g, Sugar 32g, Fibre 2g, Protein 7g, Salt 0.35g