Chipotle chicken is a Mexican-orientated dish, which can be served slightly dry. In this instance, we have made the recipe saucier and creamier! Much better if you want to have a spicier dish that is juicy and that will not dry out – keeps you a little more hydrated!
Serves: 2 x 700ml
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 25 minutes
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 1½tbsp sunflower oil
- 3 peppers, red and/or green, seeds removed and sliced
- 1tbsp hot chipotle paste
- 200g can chopped tomatoes
- 425ml fresh chicken stock
- 200ml plain yoghurt
- ½ tbsp cider vinegar
- 4 skinless and boneless chicken thigh fillets, sliced
- Small bunch coriander, chopped
- 125g pack microwave Mexican rice (you may not use all of it)
- In a large pan, sauté the onion, peppers and garlic until softened, over a medium heat. Remove and set aside.
- Add chicken to the pan and lightly brown on each side. Add pepper mix back to the pan.
- Add tomatoes, chipotle paste, chicken stock and cider vinegar. Stir to combine and cook through for 20 minutes, reducing the sauce.
- Whilst the mix is cooking, microwave the rice, then add to the pan.
- Add yoghurt and chopped coriander, stir thoroughly to warm through and combine flavours.
- Serve immediately into your pots.
Calories 424, Fat 20g, Saturates 7g, Carbohydrates 5g, Sugar 2g, Fibre 2g, Protein 51g,